Silent Hill Orphans
February 19, 2018, 02:24:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaron Brown: Mental Scars  (Read 1163 times)
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2011, 11:13:40 PM »

Ben had been a patient of Aaron's since the two of them ran into one another.   Ben had been in the market for a therapist due to mounting survivor's guilt.  When he had spoken to Aaron the two of them realized they had known one another as children.

Ben isn't currently facing Aaron as he talks but he's lying on the couch.  "I just can't stop thinking about Silent Hill recently."
Aaron Brown

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 05:21:34 PM »

Aaron is sitting in is comfortable leather chair, the one he prefers to sit in while seeing patients, long since forgotten that it was a present from his wife. His fingers are pressed together, forming a little tent as he listens to Ben speak, his expterior showing nothign of the turmoil inside his own mind, long practice at hiding his feelings coming to the fore.

"That's good, that mean you may be getting closer to the core of your problems, tell me more of what you're thinking about"
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 06:04:45 PM »

"Well my doctor recently told me I have cancer."  Ben explains, "I think back to that night when all the kids died, whoever picked, this child dies that child lived, picked me to live just to grow up and get sick."
Aaron Brown

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 07:12:58 PM »

"They picked you to live your life, which is now beginning to come to the end it was supposed to have, that's not something to be ashamed of, though i can understand what you mean. I myself left shortly before that, so i have thought about it sometimes"  Aaron answers, outwardly calm. Inside however the doubt is growing, the need to get some closure on the entire thing himself.
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 10:25:37 PM »

"You just wonder why they picked the kids they did, was it the bed I was in?  was it something else?  it just eats away at you.  I've been thinking about killing myself... it would be better then the chemo eating away at me."

Then Ben turns so that Aaron can see him fully.  His face is pale and blood from his throat drips over his shirt.  "Do you think I made the right choice?"
Aaron Brown

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 04:18:34 PM »

Aaron begins to answer him at first, trying to explain that the choice was made by those who made the attacks, for their own reasons which could not be helped. Then he looks at the blood streaming from the man's throat, frozen for a moment in shock and fear.
When he turns to call for help, he looks down at his hands, seeing they are red with blood.. another's blood..
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 04:26:09 PM »

"Did YOU make the right decision?"  Ben asks and looks into the Doctor's eyes with his own which have become white the colour drained from them after his death.  His gaze is accusatory and intense.
Aaron Brown

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 04:34:42 PM »

Aaron looks at the man in abject fear as dead eyes stare at him, which seems to somehow share the features of all the children that died in Silent Hill "I don't know.. i just don't know... how could i have known?"
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 04:36:53 PM »

The sound that Aaron hears filling his ears is music, it seems to float into the dream itself at first he wonders why it's there, where did Don't Fear the Reaper come from, and then he realizes that his radio alarm clock is playing music.
Aaron Brown

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 08:43:35 AM »

Slowly he sits up in bed, panting despite the drowsiness his medications usually leave upon waking. He puts his head in his hands when he hears the music.. Don't fear the reaper.. he remembers that from when it came out, when he was still adjusting to his new home after the orphanage. The coincidence strikes him.. perhaps he had heard it earlier in his sleep, perhaps that is what brought it on this time..
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 08:50:18 AM »

The sun is up and filling the room making the nightmare seem silly and unreal, hard reality is all around.   Sounds of life from outside, the morning traffic cutting into the isolation of the personal space.
Aaron Brown

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 08:57:09 AM »

Rising slowly from the bed he shakes his head as if to clear it from drowsiness and confusion "Why can't i shake those thoughts, it's been decades...". Walking to the shower in the hope that it will clear his mind again.
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 04:33:02 PM »

The dreams have been particularly bad since Ben Wise started missing appointments.   It was around the time Karen Larkin was reported missing.   It had been Karen who had inspired the move to Silent Hill.

When she had been signing her new book when asked why she moved into an apartment building where a man was murder and a woman was murdered in the subway near by.

In the early morning at her hotel she confided that she missed home.   She missed the view from Rosewater Park, a Park where a woman's body was thrown making the Waters pink and Toluca Lake Island which sits in the middle of the lake where the ship the Little Baroness sunk.

She missed the White Claudia flowers on the bank of the river, a flower that can be processed into a psychedelic drug. 

She realized that everything beautiful she missed was built on tragedy built on something dark.   She missed that substance that knowing something had happened where you were, slowly he had realized he missed Silent Hill as well.
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 09:24:26 PM »

Tests
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: