Silent Hill Orphans
November 19, 2017, 04:50:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Content Warning  (Read 566 times)
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2011, 07:27:20 PM »

Silent Hill deals with a lot of mature themes.  Most of the times these things are subtlety implied which is great for a game you are playing on your Playstation,  not necessarily something you want in a roleplaying game.

So if anyone has any important 'Do Not Go There'  topics please let me know.  You can just PM me and I will avoid those things,  I am not going to use every mature theme in existence just to get them in there unless you warn me,  I just want to know so that I can avoid Themes that make other extremely uncomfortable and make it so we all have fun.

For example I once ran a Deadlands game with evil killer circus clowns only to discover all my players had a clown phobia.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 07:36:15 PM by Storyteller » Logged
Viveca Moody
The Protector

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 07:39:21 PM »

Thank you for the mention of the clown phobias, cause it brings up a point - not all themes have to be "mature" to be exceptionally disturbing to someone.

Me, I expect to be a little disturbed by the game - it's horror, if I don't feel a shiver, ever, I feel something went wrong. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that will make me freak out unreasonably, though, so I think you're safe with me. (You probably know me pretty well, too, so you'd know what would and would not freak me out. Oh, wait, that might be a bad thing... Wink )

Sawyer Glass
The Daredevil

The Stuntman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 11:58:03 PM »

you know me. I'm afraid of everything.  So feel free to toss it all at me.
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 09:33:13 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: