Silent Hill Orphans
September 23, 2017, 08:17:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Walter: A View over the Lake  (Read 1037 times)
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2011, 09:02:41 PM »

Lakeview Hotel was built on Toluca Lake, the Lake the town of Silent hill was built around. 

The hotel was built in the early years of the community however it was burned down at one point, the Hotel has since been restored to it's former appearance.

It's the off seas so there aren't a lot of people staying there, one of the people who is staying there is Walter Karin.

There are two things waiting for Walter in the box for the room he has rented, a letter with just Walter written on it and a small package.
Walter Karin
The Bard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 08:54:48 PM »

Walter stared at the box and the packages inside for a moment before collecting them and making his way up to his room. At first he thinks its from the publisher and editor... But he reconsiders that as he thinks on it, they don't normally send packages to his hotel, especially when they have someone see him off like his assistant..

After getting into his room he groans and sprawls out on the bed, body and mind feeling so tired.. He spent most the trip writing as this whole book signing thing was going to eat up time from the book, and because he would rather not pass out while travelling least he wake up screaming. That could prove rather awkward.. He sighed and opened each in turn, starting with the envelope, and then the package to see whats inside.
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »

Inside the envelope is a hand written letter, an oddity in this day and age. The letter reads as follows.

Dear Walter
I was surprised to hear you where coming back to Silent Hill.
We haven't seen one another since we where children.  I have been keeping up with your work.
I hope to get a chance to interview you while you are here, if I write and article then we can charge lunch to the news paper.
I hope you don't mind when I heard you where coming into town I wrote this letter and dropped it at the Hotel my number is (811) 397-2753.

Morris S.

Walter Karin
The Bard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 10:35:41 PM »

Walter reads over the note with a "huh." He has to admit he is a little surprised Morris is still around here.. Shrugging he checks the time, it seems early enough still to give him a call so he grabs the phone and dials while he fiddles with opening the package now.
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »

Inside the wrapping is an item Walter hasn't seen in ages a toy radio, one of those two way units, a bunch of them one Christmas had been donated to the orphanage and all the kids got one.

Walter's was red. This one is red as well.

With closer examination he can see that his name is written with black pertinent marker on the side. It was put there so that all the kid's radio's would be kept straight, it was the last Christmas before the murders.

During the time after the kids ran around radioing one another, Walter doesn't know when he lost his radio, it was so long ago...

"Hello I'm away from my cellphone at the moment, but if you leave a message I will get back to you as soon as physically possible. Unless this is my ex-wife, then I'll get back to you, ya know as soon as physically possible."

There is then a beep.
Walter Karin
The Bard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 10:41:24 PM »

Walter sprawls out on the bed as he fiddles with the radio, looking it over for the old marks and everything, checks the batteries and clicks it on and off then on again as the phone goes to voice mail listening to the message a moment until the beep, slipping the radio into his pocket.

"Morris! Walter here, just got your letter and package at my hotel room, did my publisher tell you i was coming or something? And where did you find my radio? Thought that thing was gone for good.." he grinned a moment, "Should have tried Ebaying it, might have gotten a good price for it these days. Anyways, lunch sounds good, i never turn down a free meal. My schedule is pretty open except for some planned appearances and what not so we can do them before or after them. Anyways, good to hear from you again man, feel free to call any time, im still the same old night owl. Phone for my room is XXX-XXX-XXXX. take it easy man."

He sighs and stretches on the bed and lays there for a moment before sighing and grabbing a phone book checking the restaurant section, now he is more hungry then tired..
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 09:35:10 PM »

What type of restaurant does Walter want to go to?
Walter Karin
The Bard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 08:34:22 AM »

Walter flips through the yellow pages when the urge that every american gets on occasion hits him.. The urge for something not really healthy at all, something thats big, greasy, and salty.. A hamburger.. With fries.. And a shake.. Maybe chicken nuggets to... Yeah.. Thats the thing..
Storyteller
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 09:34:15 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: